TAZ Workhorse w/ Dual Extruder Pro

Howdy folks,

So right now I’ve been pondering the possibility of getting a Dual Extruder for my TAZ Workhorse, and need a sanity/reality check to make sure my thinking is sound as far as physical compatibility is concerned.
Making a long story short, the DE V3(.1) doesn’t seem feasible because it uses the old mounting system(which would be a pain to retrofit) as well as the v2c connector for both extruders.
The TAZ Pro DE Toolhead on the other hand uses the new mounting system, but technically isn’t considered compatible with the Workhorse because only the very early runs of the WH came with a second extruder port wired in(which is why I’m assuming it isn’t officially supported in-house at FAME now).
It turns out my WH was an early run(and refurbed) and came with the second extruder port wired in. So from what I understand, so long as I wire everything correctly, say by connecting this harness in combination with the v2c to 20pin MOLEX in this adapter kit (I’m more likely to just wire up a more elegant custom solution than this though), I should be good to go for the TAZ Pro DE toolhead setting aside firmware concerns, no?

Am I correct in my line of thinking, or am I missing something that makes this a much more complicated endeavor?

I replaced my board with an Octopus Pro. Been rock solid since in my Taz 6