Setup guidance for Taz 6 + Archim 2 + Titan Aero + BLtouch

The Rambo board on my Taz 6 died so I decided to revamp it a bit. I got an Archim2, Titan Aero 1.75, and a bl touch sensor. I got pretty much everything setup with the exception of the BLTouch (I also cant get the damn thing to do the bed leveling the old way, dies in the first washer and wipes until it halts). Anyone with similar setup that can share tips and tricks or tutorials on how to tune it to perfection so I don’t waste a ton of time learning it myself? I’d love to ditch Cura as well and move to something like Super Slicer.

Thanks a ton!

You want to check whether the nozzle probe is actually wired in correctly and detecting contact with the washers. Easiest way to do this is to run “M119” from the console. It should show the probe as open. Then, use a wire or alligator clips to bridge the nozzle to a washer on the bed. Try M119 again and it should indicate the contact is closed. This is a prerequisite for probing to work correctly.

1 Like

That seems fine. Maybe I’ll try to re-square the whole printer again. Just seems odd, usually if the leveling is too off for the auto-level probe it fails on the second or third washer and not on the first. this one just keeps trying the first one and re-wiping. I already cleaned the hell out of it and the extruder is brand new. failing with the older one as well.

Send: M119
Recv: Reporting endstop status
Recv: x_min: open
Recv: x_max: open
Recv: y_min: open
Recv: y_max: open
Recv: z_min: open
Recv: z_max: open
Recv: z_probe: open
Recv: filament: TRIGGERED
Recv: ok P15 B4

Send: M119
Recv: Reporting endstop status
Recv: x_min: open
Recv: x_max: open
Recv: y_min: open
Recv: y_max: open
Recv: z_min: open
Recv: z_max: open
Recv: z_probe: TRIGGERED
Recv: filament: TRIGGERED
Recv: ok P15 B4
[…]

Man, starting to get frustrated with this one. M119 with alligator clips shows the trigger but if I run a G29 it keeps trying the first washer and re-wipes right after touching it. Tried with 3 tool heads, MOAR, single and new Aero Titan. Also re-squared the whole printer. :flushed:

Could it be a wiring/connection issue that only manifests when the toolhead is at the washers? Those wires are thin and easily broken from all the pulling and bending they keep doing, could be touching until they’re not when something extends… I’d run another parallel length of wire right from the motherboard to the nozzle as a sanity check. Same deal for washers.

Post up a picture of where you connected the Z min switch and the wiring there. Its a possibility it was turned the wrong way.