Lulzbot Archim2 BL Touch, M175v2 DO Jamming on right side

Hello,
1st time post, long time reader.
I have upgraded my Lulzbot Taz 6 to an Archim2 board, along with BL Touch.

While I have been making progress after finding this post:

I am running into a jam on the right side.

Since i am using the backplate that moved the sensor to the left a fair bit, I ended up using M851 and set it -58 on the X axis.

I am running the latest DO with support for Archim2, BL Touch, and M175v2 hotend.

Here is the video of the jam:

Thanks for any advice you have!

thedishking

Do you have a x-max endstop?

You nailed it!
I forgot the x-max endstop was on the printhead as part of the original Taz 6 design.
Looking at the conversion cable that was necessary to use the M175v2 head, it does not provide any switch or related connections to the purple wires in the harness.

I can’t seem to find many details as to how others are using custom / more modern printheads on the Taz 6, with regard to relocating the x-max endstop switch.

Would you recommend I try to fab up some sort of mount to reestablish the x-max endstop?

It appears the Lulzbot firmware only looked at the x-min endstop and did not require one? I could be wrong…

I might try to fab up something to put the switch back on the carrier near the printhead.

Thank you very much for your help!

The plot thickens.

I just ran an M119 from console and apparently x-max is not setup. This makes sense as I have not seen a lot of discussion on Taz 6 users adding an x-max limit switch.

I did install a sensor, but of course the firmware is not seeing it:
Send: M119
Recv: Reporting endstop status
Recv: x_min: TRIGGERED
Recv: y_min: open
Recv: y_max: open
Recv: z_min: TRIGGERED
Recv: z_max: open
Recv: filament: TRIGGERED
Recv: ok P15 B4

I believe I am missing a key step that tells the bed how to behave. Does anyone have any further advice on this?

thedishking

Hello,

It looks like the X max in software should be X284.

I can see it is currently set to 301.50 via an M211 command:

Send: M211
Recv: M211 S1 ; ON
Recv: Min: X-20.10 Y-22.10 Z0.00 Max: X301.50 Y302.50 Z270.00

Is there a way for me to reduce this?

I have the M175v2 and the motor hits the right side as described in my video I uploaded above.

Are most of you compiling your own firmware, or are you running compiled firmware that you have downloaded?

Is the any way you could please reduce the X for this toolhead?

I think I am almost there.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I found an open issue on Github regarding the same issue.

I am sorry to be sorry to chatty on this issue. I did join the Patreon as a contributor, and due to the jamming on the right side, I am unable to proceed with my printer.

I think you can open a case on Patreon to get Marcello’s attention on the problem. The forum as I understand is more for peer troubleshooting.

I am afraid this is beyond me…

Jason

Will do.